ISIS claimed responsibility for Saturday night's attack in London which killed seven people and wounded dozens, the militant group's agency Amaq said on Sunday.
- London Bridge Terror Attack: Here's Everything We Know So Far
- Trump Pushes Travel Ban After London Attack, CNN Host Calls Him 'A Piece of Sh%*'
- Europe's Intifada: ISIS Wants the West to Pay for the War in Syria and Iraq
"A detachment of Islamic State fighters executed yesterday's London attack," a statement posted on Amaq's media page said.
Three attackers rammed a van into pedestrians on London Bridge and stabbed others nearby on Saturday night before police shot them dead.
The attack was the third to hit Britain in quick succession after a similar incident on Westminster Bridge in March and a suicide bombing that killed 22 people at a pop concert in Manchester, northern England, less than two weeks ago.
ISIS, losing territory in Syria and Iraq to an offensive backed by a U.S.-led coalition, had sent out a call on messaging service Telegram early on Saturday urging its followers to carry out attacks with trucks, knives and guns against "Crusaders" during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
Islamist militants, or people claiming allegiance to the group, have carried out scores of deadly attacks in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the United States over the past two years.