Video Evidence Shows Vienna Gunman Acted Alone, Austrian Minister Says

Austrian authorities arrested 14 people after the attack. All were aged between 18 and 28 and had migration backgrounds. Some had foreign citizenship

Reuters
Reuters
Send in e-mailSend in e-mail
Breaking news
Reuters
Reuters

Video evidence confirms that a gunman who killed four people in Vienna on Monday acted alone, Austrian Interior Minister Karl Nehammer said on Wednesday.

But he told a news conference there had been a problem with Austria's handling of information provided by Slovakia after the attacker attempted to buy ammunition in the neighbouring country, and called for an independent commission to look into the work of Austria's domestic intelligence agency.

Nehammer said the gunman, who was shot dead by police, had "perfectly" fooled a programme to reintegrate jihadists into society.

Austrian authorities arrested 14 people after the attack. All were aged between 18 and 28 and had migration backgrounds. Some had foreign citizenship.

Comments

SUBSCRIBERS JOIN THE CONVERSATION FASTER

Automatic approval of subscriber comments.
From $1 for the first month

SUBSCRIBE
Already signed up? LOG IN

ICYMI

בנימין נתניהו השקת ספר

Netanyahu’s Israel Is About to Slam the Door on the Diaspora

עדי שטרן

Head of Israel’s Top Art Academy Leads a Quiet Revolution

Charles Lindbergh addressing an America First Committee rally on October 3, 1941.

Ken Burns’ Brilliant ‘The U.S. and the Holocaust’ Has Only One Problem

Skyscrapers in Ramat Gan and Tel Aviv.

Israel May Have Caught the Worst American Disease, New Research Shows

ג'אמיל דקוור

Why the Head of ACLU’s Human Rights Program Has Regrets About Emigrating From Israel

ISRAEL-VOTE

Netanyahu’s Election Win Dealt a Grievous Blow to Judaism