Newman claimed on Twitter he believes that Woody Allen is guilty of sexual assault and in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein sexaul assualt scandal he felt compelled to take action.
"I need to get this off my chest:
- I worked on Woody Allen’s next movie.
- I believe he is guilty.
- I donated my entire salary to RAINN." Newman wrote on Twitter.
- Woody Allen 'Sad' About Harvey Weinstein, Worried About 'Witch Hunt Atmosphere'
- Should Woody Allen's Oscar Be Revoked Over Dylan Farrow's Sex Abuse Allegation?
- 'People Are So Vicious': Mayim Bialik Fights Back After Being Accused of Victim Blaming
Newman currently stars as Arthur in Amazon's remake of "The Tick" and co-hosts the podcast Blank Check with David Sims.
"I’ve spent the last decade struggling as an actor, and learned to sideline my views because the thought of closing any doors was terrifying. I’ve been steadfast in what I stand for in my personal life and on Twitter, but would largely take the check and bite my tongue on set," wrote Newman who is best know for his work in the Kevin Costner film "Draft Day."
"I can’t keep professionally operating from a place of fear. It’s time to show a courage in my actions mirroring my words without concession."