Balance of threats contradicts working assumption that neither side wants war
- Iran calls latest US sanctions an 'insult' to world order (AP)
- Mattis to seek more resilient U.S. ties with China's military (Reuters)
- U.S. Treasury official charged with leaks linked to Russia probe (Reuters)
- U.S. reliance on sanctions 'out of control' (Reuters)
- Security cabinet convenes to discuss Gaza escalation (Haaretz)
'I have no house or memories left,' Miri Tamano says, after her home in Be’er Sheva was completely destroyed by a rocket
Despite military gains, Marine General Joseph Dunford says 'little progress has been made in addressing the underlying conditions that lead to violent extremism'
Staffan de Mistura, the longest serving of three UN mediators to the prolonged Syrian conflict, says he would use his final month to push for the formation of a committee to rewrite the Syrian constitution
'I can’t wait for this revolution to end, so I can go back out to dinner'
Several strangers cross paths at a derelict roadside motel in a time-jumping, twist-filled movie that cleverly deconstructs and remakes its genre. But what’s the message?