Sign up now!
11:30am - 1:00pm
Registration and Organization Fair
(boxed lunch option)
Charlotte Halle, Editor, Haaretz English Edition
Zack Bodner, CEO of the OFJCC
Dr. Andy David, Consul General to SF and the Pacific Northwest
Amos Schocken, Publisher of Haaretz
Wrestling Jerusalem – A performance by Aaron Davidman
Session 1: Living in the Middle East- Another Year of Surprises
Overview of the geopolitical situation in the Middle East: recent developments in Israel since the elections; the agreement with Iran; ISIS threat; the disintegration of Syria.
Aluf Benn, Editor-in-Chief, Haaretz
Session 2: The Middle East and the United States
Jeffrey Goldberg, Author and National Correspondent for The Atlantic
Session 3: Long-distance Siblings
American Jewry and Israel: the complex relationship and the new generation
Moderator: Chemi Shalev, U.S. Editor, Haaretz
Participants: Peter Beinart, Haaretz Columnist, Bret Stephens, Wall Street Journal, Ruth Calderon, Hartman Institute, Gidi Grinstein, Reut Institute
Session 4: Group Breakouts
* Israeli Jewish Identity - Ruth Calderon, Hartman Institute and Gidi Grinstein, Reut Institute
* Syria and ISIS: The Israeli perspective from Amos Harel, Haaretz journalist; the U.S. perspective from Peter Berkowitz, Hoover Institute
* BDS – Rabbi Doug Kahn JCRC, Peter Beinart, Haaretz Columnist, Sue Fishkoff, Editor of j. The Jewish News Weekly of Northern California
* How to Publish a Newspaper in Critical Times- Amos Schocken, Publisher of Haaretz
* A Different Perspective on the Future of Israel and the Middle East TBD
* The Challenges Facing Zionism through 2048 - Dr. Arye Carmon, Senior Fellow Israel Democratic Institute
* Orthodox Women in Politics - how do they influence social change in Israel? MK Zouheir Bahloul (Zionist Union)
* Grass Roots Engagement and Initiatives- local organizations in the Bay Area
* IPI: A regional approach to re-igniting the peace process Q&A Koby Huberman, Co-founder Israel Peace Initiative
4:45-5:15pm: Walk back to Hall for second panel discussion
Session 5: New International Horizons for Israel – Israeli Government perspective
Tzipi Hotovely, Deputy Foreign Minister
Session 6: Israel – Where do we go from here?
The collapse of the peace process; how the two state solution became irrelevant; can Israel maintain its democratic character.
Moderator - Amos Harel, Haaretz Journalist
Participants: MK, Zouheir Bahloul (Zionist Union), Jeffery Goldberg, Author and National Correspondent for The Atlantic, Aluf Benn, Editor-in-Chief Haaretz, Koby Huberman, Co-founder of Israel Peace Initiative
6:45-7:00pm: Closing Session
Zack Bodner, CEO of the OFJCC
Cocktail Party – light food and wine will be served
(Young Adults breakout- Beer and conversation with Chaim Levinson, Haaretz Journalist and Israeli Author, Nir Baram)
Note: Sessions and speaker subject to change based on availability.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now