REUTERS - The Palestinian delegation has decided to proceed with the Gaza cease-fire talks in Cairo on Tuesday, despite previously mulling to cancel the day's meetings after the IDF killed the two West Bank kidnappers, a senior Hamas leader said.
- Suspects in kidnap of West Bank teens killed in IDF firefight
- Hamas lawmaker: Truce talks with Israel should be left to PA
- Hamas says indirect truce talks with Israel to resume within week
- New Jewish year, new Middle East order
"Negotiations were supposed to begin... this morning and this news came, so we stopped heading to the site of the negotiations. The delegation is meeting now and will put out a statement," Palestinian official Qais Abu Leila told Reuters earlier Tuesday.
He said no decision had been made but that the Palestinians were considering all options including withdrawing from the talks.
Israeli troops shot dead two Palestinians in the West Bank city of Hebron on Tuesday, and the military said they were members of Hamas responsible for the killing of three Israeli youths in June, an attack that led to the Gaza war.