Man Held for Killing Mother, Wounding Brother: I Wanted Them Dead

Man had apparently rowed with pair over demand he find work; mother, 60, found covered with stab wounds.

A 26-year-old Ra'anana resident has told police he plotted to murder his mother and brother, a day after he was arrested on suspicion of killing his mother and moderately wounding his brother in two separate stabbings.

The mother, 60, called Magen David Adom emergency services at about 6 P.M., and said her son had stabbed her. An ambulance subsequently rushed to woman's apartment, on the central town's Gilboa Street, and found her in a serious condition with stab wounds all over her body.

Medics took the woman for treatment to Kfar Sava's Meir Hospital, but her condition deteriorated and she died before reaching the hospital.

At the same time, the 26-year-old phoned the police and told officers that he had stabbed his mother and brother. A Kfar Sava police patrol located the suspect near his brother's apartment, his hands covered in blood. He told the policemen that he had murdered his family.

Before losing consciousness, the mother told police that she feared her son had gone to his brother's home, on Ra'anana's Migdal Ha'emek Street, in order to hurt him. Magen David Adom paramedics hurried to the apartment, where they found the suspect's brother, 38, also with stab wounds all over his body.

The paramedics took him to the Meir Hospital, where his condition was later described as moderate and stable. The brother's wife was also lightly wounded in the incident; medical workers treated her at home.

A large number of Kfar Sava and Central District police visited the scene following the stabbing, after which they opened an investigation. The commander of the police's Central District, Major General Nissim Mor, said a special investigative team would conduct the probe.

An initial investigation found that the suspect had recently quarreled with his mother and brother, apparently over their demand that he seek employment. During questioning, the 26-year-old claimed that the pair had been harassing him.

Police said the man had no criminal record, but that they would check whether he was known to welfare authorities and whether he was taking medication.