REUTERS - The death toll in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo rose to at least 50 people, including six medics, the French charity Doctors Without Borders (Medecins sans Frontieres) said on Friday.
The al-Quds hospital, in a rebel-held part of the divided city, was struck overnight Wednesday-Thursday in an attack that was widely condemned abroad.
A Canadian-run health care center in Aleppo, Syria was hit by an air strike on Friday had been evacuated in the wake of another bombing at the hospital earlier this week, a spokesman for the non-profit group that operated it said.
- U.S. says Assad forces solely behind Aleppo hospital strike
- Arab failures, Kurdish achievements might fix history’s injustices
- Syrian army extends Damascus cease-fire by 48 hours
"After the hospital bombing three days ago, they've evacuated all the medical centers," said Avi D'Souza, media co-ordinator for UOSSM-Canada, which operates the Al Marjeh Primary Health Care Centre. "There wasn't anybody there at the time - thank God."
Air strikes on rebel-held areas of Aleppo and shelling of government-held areas of the city resumed on Friday, after a brief dawn lull following seven days of violence, a war monitor, a civil defence worker and Syrian state media said.