A Palestinian man who was seriously wounded by Israeli army gunfire during Friday's protests on the Israel-Gaza border succumbed to his wounds Sunday, Gaza's Health Ministry said.
The ministry identified him as Osama Khalil Abu Khater, 29. His death brings the amount of people killed since the "March of Return" began on March 30 to 132.
On Friday, Gaza's Health Ministry reported that more than 40 protesters were injured by Israeli army gunfire, seven of whom were seriously wounded, including Abu Khater. Over 80 of those wounded were transported to hospitals in Gaza.
Many of those who had been wounded in previous marches came to the encampments along the fence in support of Friday's march. Hamas praised their participation and said it was proof that "attempts to deter and frighten the participants have failed."
An Israeli aircraft struck in the northern Gaza Strip on Saturday afternoon, firing at a group of Palestinians who tried to launch incendiary balloons into Israel, the miltiary said in a statement.
The attack came after seven fires broke out near Israeli communities bordering the Strip as a result of blazing balloons from Gaza landing in Israeli territory.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now