A Palestinian man who was shot by live Israeli gunfire during Friday's protest along the Gaza border died of his wounds on Sunday, the Gaza Health Ministry reported.
Yahya Badr al-Hasnat, 37, was reportedly shot in the head by Israeli soldiers. His death raises Friday's toll to seven, after five Palestinians were killed in clashes near the Gaza Strip fence and one in the West Bank.
Palestinians said 180 were wounded in Gaza protests from Israeli army fire, while nine were wounded by IDF live fire in the West Bank, including two severely hurt.
The Palestinians killed at the border between Israel and Gaza were named as 27-year-old Muhammad Khaled Abd al-Nabi; 22-year-old Ahmed Said Abu Libdah; 23-year-old Aish Sha'ath; 22-year-old Naser Abu Thayem and 23-year-old Mujahed Ziyad Akel.
Clashes in the West Bank, in a village close to Ramallah, left nine wounded, including at least two in critical condition, and killed one.
Around 16,000 people participated in the border clashes, the IDF said in a statement, adding they threw stones at troops as well as fire-bombs and grenades, also burning tires.
In two occasions protestors managed to breach the fence for a short period of time, the statement added.
The protest was followed Friday night by a hail of missiles from the Strip towards Gaza border communities. The Israeli army said it attacked 80 Hamas targets in response.
>> 'The houses danced from the explosions': Gaza-border residents' jolting night facing rocket fire
The fighting continued Saturday, with five additional rockets launched at Israel, four of which were intercepted.
The Israeli army Spokesperson's Unit said in a statement that the Islamic Jihad was behind the attacks, under orders from Iran.
By Saturday midday, a cease-fire brokered by Egypt was announced.
Islamic Jihad posted a video late Saturday, saying the missile fire was a response to Israel's conduct in the Gaza March of Return protests. They dubbed their action "The October Revenge."
The organization's military wing, the Al-Quds Brigades, claimed it fired 51 missiles in the attack.
A defective missile was found near a school in the Sha'ar Hanegev Regional Council on Sunday. Police bomb squad officers were called to the scene after a security guard noticed a suspicious object, an Israel Police statement said.
Police said they did not evacuate the school, but a parameter around the area of the dud was sectioned off.
According to the council's security coordinator, Eyal Hajbi, the rocket apparently exploded, but had dug in so far deep into the ground that it caused very little damage.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now