'Revenge Is Definite': Drone Strike Targets Trump in Video Release by Iran's Supreme Leader

An animated video published on Khmenei's official website joins Iran's commemoration of the U.S. strike that killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani two years ago

Send in e-mailSend in e-mail
Send in e-mailSend in e-mail
Screenshot from an animated video released by Iran's supreme leader, showing a drone strike on Mar-a-Lago.
Screenshot from an animated video released by Iran's supreme leader, showing a drone strike on Mar-a-Lago.Credit: Screenshot/Khamenei.ir

The website of Iran's supreme leader is showcasing an animated video that appears to show a robot calling in a drone strike to assassinate former President Donald Trump.

The animated video was part of a contest to mark the Jan. 3, 2020 killing of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani, commander of Iran's overseas Quds Force, who was slain in an American drone strike in Baghdad.

The video, posted Wednesday to Khamenei's website, appears to show Trump being targeted in a drone strike on his Mar-a-Lago golf course, warning that "revenge is definite".

The video mirrored a propaganda poster last year similarly showing Trump on a golf course, calling for revenge for Soleimani's slaying.

Earlier this month, Iran’s hard-line President Ebrahim Raisi demanded Trump be “prosecuted and killed" while speaking on the second anniversary of Soleimani's killing.

“If not, I’m telling all American leaders, don’t doubt that the hand of revenge will come out of the sleeves of ummah,” Raisi said, referring to the worldwide community of Muslims.

The second anniversary of Soleimani's targeted killing has seen vows of revenge materialize on different fronts.

Earlier this month, Iraqi military bases hosting U.S. troops in Iraq's western Anbar province and the capital of Baghdad were hit by Katyusha rockets while in Syria, eight rounds of indirect fire landed inside a base with members of the U.S.-led coalition, the Iraqi and U.S. militaries said, part of an ongoing barrage of shelling that began on the anniversary of Soleimani's death.

Two major Israeli news websites were hacked on the anniversary, replacing their content with an image threatening a site associated with Israel's undeclared nuclear weapons program.

No group immediately claimed responsibility for the hacking. The image posted on the Jerusalem Post's website depicts a missile coming down from a fist bearing a ring long associated with Qassem Soleimani

On the international stage, Iranian judicial officials have communicated with authorities in nine countries after identifying 127 suspects in the case, including 74 U.S. nationals, Prosecutor-General Mohammad Jafar Montazeri told state television.

"The criminal former president (Trump) is at the top of the list," he said.

Earlier this month, Iran urged the United Nations Security Council in a letter to hold the United States and Israel, which Tehran says was also involved in the killing, to account, according to Iranian media.

Days after the assassination, the United States told the United Nations that the killing was self-defense and vowed to take additional action as necessary in the Middle East to protect U.S. personnel and interests.

The then U.S. Attorney General William Barr said at the time that Trump clearly had the authority to kill Soleimani and the general was a "legitimate military target."

Click the alert icon to follow topics:

Comments