Iran will be pulling back from some of its undertakings in the nuclear agreement, Iranian President Hassan Rohani is expected to announce on Wednesday, according to the Iranian students' news agency ISNA.
The agency is considered to be a reliable source and explained that the reason is the U.S. pullout from the agreement, and the fact that the European countries that signed the agreement in 2015 did not fulfill their part. However, Iran is not thinking of abandoning the agreement entirely, the agency reported.
"Partial and total reduction of some of Iran’s commitments and resumption of some nuclear activities which were ceased following JCPOA are the first step by Iran responding to US’ withdrawal from the nuclear deal and the lack commitment from European countries to meet their vows," the agency wrote.
It added, "Iran’s withdrawal from the nuclear deal is not considered as an option for now."
The American website Axios reports that the Trump regime plans to slap new sanctions on Iran also to be announced Wednesday. Which industry the sanctions would target remains to be seen but it apparently isn't industry.
Towards dawn in Israel time, U.S. national security adviser John Bolton said the U.S. would be sending a naval force to the Middle East, including an aircraft carrier and bombers, "In response to a number of troubling and escalatory indications and warnings." The idea is to send "a clear and unmistakable message to the Iranian regime that any attack on United States interests or on those of our allies will be met with unrelenting force," Bolton stated.
- Gaza Flare-up Is Over for Now; Next Up: Iran
- Brother of Iran's Rohani Sentenced to Unspecified Jail Term by Iranian Court
- Iran Vows to Keep Enriching Uranium Despite U.S. Move
He did not elaborate on the precise reasons for sending out the naval strike force but a source in the administration told Reuters that American forces had been ordered to the region as a deterrence against potential preparations by Iranian forces and their envoys to attack American forces in the region. The U.S. is not expecting imminent attack, the source added.
Last month U.S. President Donald Trump maintained his hard line against Iran, declaring the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corp to be a terrorist organization, which spurred wide-ranging condemnation in Tehran circles. Last week Rohani signed a law ruling that any American forces in the Middle East are a terrorist organization and that the U.S. administration supports terrorism.