Iran's semi-official Fars news agency is reporting that the country's Revolutionary Guard has successfully tested a ballistic missile.
- U.S. announces new sanctions on Iran over ballistic missile test
- Iran tests ballistic missile for first time since Trump takes office
- Iran launches 'smart, advanced' rockets in military drill
- Netanyahu tells Putin Israel would object to any permanent Iranian presence in Syria
The Thursday report quotes Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, chief of the Guard's airspace division, as saying the missile destroyed target from a distance of 250 kilometers (155 miles). The report says the sea-launched ballistic missile dubbed Hormoz 2 was tested last week. The report provided no additional details.
Earlier this month, U.S. President Donald Trump imposed new sanctions on entities and individuals who support Iran's ballistic missile program.
On January 29, 2017, Iranian media reported the Revolutionary Guard launched several sophisticated rockets during military exercises in the country's central desert.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in response that the January missile test violated a UN Security Council resolution. The Trump administration in response said it would put Iran "on notice" after the first test.