A car bomb killed 11 soldiers in Libya’s second city Benghazi as they held evening prayers on the first day of the Eid al-Fitr holiday, a military source said Thursday.
- Over 60 killed in clashes with ISIS, blast near Tripoli in Libya
- In retreat in Syria, Iraq and Libya, ISIS may look to expand its global reach
- Gadhafi's son requests to drop ICC case, citing standing conviction in Libyan court
Benghazi has been hit by repeated bombings since troops under the command of controversial General Khalifa Haftar drove Islamist fighters out of most of the city earlier this year.
Haftar refuses to recognize a joint military command set by the UN-backed unity government in Tripoli, saying he still takes orders from a rival administration based in the far eastern city of Tobruk.
Wednesday’s blast follows a car bomb targeting a security chief that killed two people on Sunday and a June 24 bombing that killed four civilians.
Meanwhile, a MiG-23 fighter jet of Haftar’s air force crashed in the west of Benghazi on Wednesday, killing its pilot, a spokesman said.