The Israeli reality mega-hit show "Rising Star" is coming to Ukraine and Greece, where local producers have bought the local adaptation rights. The Hollywood Reporter says 'Rising Star' has broken records for international sales by a talent show format.
- Finale of Israeli Reality Show 'Rising Star' Attracts 1.12 Million Viewers
- Israeli Singer Eyal Golan Suspended From 'Rising Star' Talent Show
- The Battle of the Talent Shows: 'Rising Star' Vies to Outshine Simon Cowell's 'X Factor'
- Israeli Game Show 'Boom!' Coming to the U.S.
- Foreign Networks Snap Up Israeli TV Formats at Trade Fair in Cannes
- Channel 10’s 'Winning Couple VIP' Format Sells to U.S., Europe
With the sale of local adaptation rights to Greece's Mega and Ukraine's network 1+1, the show's production company Keshet has brought the international distribution of the show to nearly 30 territories.
In the United States, the show is being brought to audiences by ABC.
The format is the first fully interactive ratings show. Viewers at home vote in real time for their favorites. When a given singer reaches a threshold of votes, a wall of TV screens showing the viewers rises, at which point said singer finishes the song.