Over the weekend invitations were sent out for what could be the wedding of the year: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s bash in Paris on May 24. Only 100 people were invited, and the only Israeli is Bar Refaeli, who met the couple during Paris Fashion Week in July 2012 and has become friends with Kardashian.
- Bar Refaeli's 'Muppet' Ad: Sexy? More Like Sexist
- Bar Refaeli Returns to the Runway, Greeted With Whistles and Applause
- Kanye's Reign Prompts Conservative Rap Backlash
- Israeli Supermodel Bar Refaeli Wonders Why She's Still Single
- An Israeli Designer With Her Eye on the World
- Kim Kardashian: A Feminist Icon?
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Visit Israel Next Month
In an attempt to thwart the paparazzi, the invitations, printed on simple paper in gold lettering, don’t say very much. Guests were merely told they will receive directions upon arriving in Paris. A rehearsal dinner will be held the evening before.
The invitation, however, came with a 15-page pamphlet containing do’s and don’ts for the wedding — much of it has to do with taking pictures and sharing them on social-media sites. Refaeli, for example, has 1.3 million followers on Instagram.
We can probably rely on Kardashian to share photos from the wedding, as she did over the weekend during her bachelorette party, which made the rounds on Instagram and Twitter. The dress-code instructions focus on the men: Don’t forget the tuxedo.