Donald Sterling reportedly is threatening to sue the NBA for his life ban for making racist remarks in a private conversation.
- L.A. Jewish community condemns Clippers owner
- Who is Donald Sterling and how did he become synonymous with bigotry?
- Magic Johnson: Donald Sterling won’t harm black-Jewish relations
- Guggenheim, Geffen group plan joint bid for NBA's Clippers
- Donald Sterling refuses to sell the LA Clippers
Sports Illustrated reported Thursday that Sterling’s lawyer, Maxwell Blecher, wrote the NBA to say that Sterling, who owns the Los Angeles Clippers, would not pay the $2.5 million fine imposed last month and that “no punishment is warranted” for his actions.
The incriminatory recording is of an argument between Sterling and his girlfriend, V. Stiviano.
Sterling, who is Jewish, berates her for associating with black men and also berates Israels's treatment of black Jews.
In a subsequent interview with CNN, Sterling suggested blacks were less inclined to charity than Jews.