Legendary Hollywood actor and comedian Robin Williams surprised fans Friday when he tweeted a photograph of himself wearing a kippa.
- Actor and comedian Robin Williams dead at 63
- Bidding a sad farewell to Robin Williams, beloved actor and mensch
- Farewell to Robin Williams, a comic from another planet
- The ostensible Jewishness of Robin Williams' Mork
- Robin Williams, the Talmud and coping with mental illness
The photograph shows the star of hit TV sitcom "The Crazy Ones" smiling at the camera while co-star Amanda Setton puts the Jewish skullcap on his head. Williams is not Jewish.
Williams tweeted: "Too late for a career change? Rabbi Robin? The actor's twitter followers liked the tweet. One man responded "Never too late Rabbi Williams."
According to Algemeiner, the shot may have been related to Thursday's episode of the sitcom, in which Williams' character Simon Roberts helps plan a bar mitvah.