Recipe courtesy of Ben Ami Bakery.
For baking in a “wonder pot” or three “English cake” pans
1 1/3 cup Sugar
Pinch of salt
1 ½ cup Potato flour
1 ½ cup Matzo flour
3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 cup oil
¾ cup apple juice
3 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 Apples, peeled, chopped into cubes
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ cup raisins, soaked in rum
1 cup walnuts, crushed
1. Mix the flour with the baking powder.
2. Using a mixer, mix together the oil, apple juice, and vanilla extract.
3. Beat the eggs, sugar, and salt into the oil mixture, and gradually add the flour.
4. Add all of the other ingredients, and mix together.
5. Pour the mixture into the baking pans, and bake for 45 minutes in an oven preheated to 175 degrees.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now