On Tuesday night, Jon Stewart announced that he will leave The Daily Show at some point in 2015. Under Stewart’s leadership, the show has become the preeminent satire of modern politics. And any of his Jewish viewers over the years can confirm another fundamental element of the show: Stewart’s Jewishness. Few in late-night comedy — or television in general— have spoken so candidly about Jewish topics, from conflicts in Israel to “problems” with the Jewish holidays.
- Jon Stewart made it okay to be ambivalent about Israel
- Jon Stewart's daily showdown
- Jon Stewart: The Iranians accused me of being a Mossad agent. But how can a Mossad agent hate Israel?
- Trevor Noah to replace Jon Stewart on The Daily Show
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on the appeal of a chocolate bunny vs. a dead lamb's bone
Below are some of Stewart’s Jew-iest moments: