This is your surefire recipe for holiday meals. Here we rely on the quality of ingredients, which are really essential for the success of this dish. Well them, and the technique, which is unique - and essential.
It is a perfect dish for Passover dinner, and I always make it when I need to feed a big bunch friends and family. And they love it. The meat and vegetables cooking in the oven will fill your place with an amazing aroma. Be careful: take it under consideration that the hunger will come before the meal will be ready.
And don’t forget to ask your butcher to leave the fat on the cut. It will melt during cooking and will make the meat and the veggies so so delicious.
- 4 1/2 lb sirloin
- Variety of colorful seasonal vegetables (acorn zucchini, varieties of potatoes, colorful beets, carrots, turnips)
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 480°F.
2. Season the meat with salt and black pepper, and sear on all sides on a smoking pan.
3. Place vegetables on a baking sheet placed in a baking tray. Season with thyme, black pepper, and sea salt.
4. Place the tray of vegetables on the bottom of the oven, and above it, on a grill, place the meat (make sure the oven reaches the right temperature before putting in the meat and vegetables).
- Grandma Hanna's Pickles
- A Pot Full of Beans and Love
- Grandma Hanna's Lokshen Are a Perfect Passover Dish
- WATCH: How to Make Red Cabbage in Butter and Raisins
- WATCH: How to Make Homemade Kosher Marzipan
- WATCH: How to Make Pad Ka Prao
5. After 8 minutes in the oven, take the meat out and set aside for 12 minutes. Then put is back in for another 8 minutes, and once again, take out and set aside for 12 minutes. Repeat this process 4 times. (if your cut of meat is smaller repeat only 3 times). If the vegetables begin to get too brown you can take them out
* This technique, which I learned from Eyal Shani, leaves the meat soft and pink on the inside, and the juices drip onto the vegetables, giving them an excellent taste.
** The meat has to reach a temperature of 120 - 140° to achieve a perfect pink medium level.