Serbia has issued an arrest warrant for a woman accused of running a World War II pro-Nazi concentration camp in Croatia, but who apparently died earlier this year.
Government spokesman Slobodan Homen says Serbia is waiting for official confirmation from Croatia that Nada Sakic was no longer alive. He says "if this is true, we are sorry she evaded the punishment she deserved."
Serbia issued the warrant earlier Friday, accusing Sakic of the killings of prisoners in the WWII camps in Croatia, but media soon reported she had died in February at the age of 85.
Croatia earlier dropped charges against Sakic. Her husband Dinko died in 2008 while serving a 20-year sentence for running the Jasenovac camp, where tens of thousands of Serbs, Jews, Roma and others were killed.