The Anti-Defamation League published a broad survey of worldwide anti-Semitism Tuesday that it conducted among 50,000 people from 100 countries. The results show that one-quarter of the world is anti-Semitic. Fifty percent of Muslims, a quarter of Christians and even a fair number of Buddhists were found to be anti-Semitic on the basis of the survey. The worst situation was found to be in the Palestinian Authority, where most of the population was defined as anti-Semitic.
How did the ADL define who is anti-Semitic? It was very simple. Anyone who agreed with at least six of the supposedly anti-Semitic statements listed below was defined as anti-Semitic. Yet we have read recently that the number of anti-Semitic incidents has decreased. Confused? There is a good reason for that.
Judge for yourselves whether this study is fair, scientific and serious. The full results of the study were published on a dedicated, interactive website. The website is impressive, with abundant statistics, graphics, animations and a clean, accessible design. There you can learn important facts, such as that 62 percent of Polish people believe that Jews talk too much about the Holocaust, and much more.
If you would like to know how much of a Jew-hater you are, here is the list of statements compiled by the ADL that will show whether you are anti-Semitic. How many statements do you agree with. Six are enough to put you in the category of an anti-Semite.
* Jews are more loyal to Israel than to [this country/the countries they live in].
* Jews have too much power in international financial markets.
* Jews have too much control over global affairs.
* Jews think they are better than other people.
* Jews have too much control over the global media.
* Jews are responsible for most of the world’s wars.
* Jews have too much power in the business world.
* Jews don’t care what happens to anyone but their own kind.
* People hate Jews because of the way Jews behave.
* Jews have too much control over the United States government.
* Jews still talk too much about what happened to them in the Holocaust.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now