Courtesy of Israel Aharoni for "Tivon Veal"
6 quinces cut into halves
1/2 cup matza flour
Olive oil for frying
700 gr. "Tivon Veal" quality ground beef
1 large onion finely chopped
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 green chili pepper cleaned of seeds and finely chopped
1 tbs cumin seeds
1 cup of chopped coriander (or parsley)
4 tbs pine nuts
Salt and ground pepper
2 cups chicken broth
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbs sugar
2 sliced garlic cloves
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
2 green onions, chopped
1 pomegranate separated into seeds
1. Empty quince cores.
2. Combine the filling ingredients and separate into 12 equally sized patties. Then fill quince halves, slightly flattening the mixture.
3. Flour the side with the filling, and then fry the same side in hot olive oil until golden.
4. Put quinces in oven-safe dish. Mix the sauce ingredients and pour over quinces.
5. Cover with foil and place in preheated oven set to 180C for an hour.
6. Before serving sprinkle green onions and pomegranate seeds on top.