Courtesy of Dima Rotenberg, Lekhem Yain
1 bottle of choice port
65 gr. Sugar
For the dish:
1 kg. chicken livers separated into five 200 gr. portions
250 gr. onions, cut into strips
Salt and pepper to taste
Canola oil for frying
1. Boil the wine in a pan with the sugar. Reduce until 500 ml remain. Set aside.
2. Heat canola oil in separate pan.
3. Once the pan is hot separately fry 200 gr. livers and 50 gr. onions.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Continue frying until the onion and liver brown. (Make sure livers are cooked but not overdone).
6. Add 100 ml sauce and stir-fry for an additional three minutes.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now