From the book "Cooking for Passover" by Ruthie Keinan.
500 gr. cauliflower
2 containers sour cream
2 tbs matza flour
Salt and white pepper
1 pinch of nutmeg
Butter or margarine for greasing
Some matza flour for flouring the mold
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Thoroughly grease bundt pan. Lightly flour the pan removing the excess flour.
2. Boil the cauliflower in brine until soft but not too soft. Strain and cool.
3. Separate eggs, adding the yolks to the sour cream, flour, and spices. Mix.
4. Wisk egg whites until stable foam is formed. Fold into sour cream mixture.
5. Separate the cauliflower into small pieces and gently add to the mixture.
6. Pour into the pan.
7. Place the pan into a larger pan filled with boiling water and place in the preheated oven for an hour. (The souffle doesn't brown).
8. Remove from oven and set aside for a few minutes. Turn out on to a plate.
Optional: You may fill the center with herbs as a garnish or with a colorful vegetable dish.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now