Transcript from the Daily Show:
- First Charlie Hebdo issue since attack flies off newsstands in France
- Bulgaria arrests French citizen believed to have links to Kouachi brothers
- Who in France will shout, 'I am a Jew'?
- Paris Jews at odds over where the dead – and living - belong
- Miss Israel's selfie gets Jon Stewart's award for 'most upsetting Mideast picture'
- WATCH: Obama dismisses hecklers during the State of the Union
- 1962: Happy birthday, Jon Stewart!
- Report: Kosher supermarket terrorist filmed attack
- WATCH: Jon Stewart disses Netanyahu's sitter campaign video
(Scroll down for the full clip)
JON STEWART, THE DAILY SHOW: How could Obama not be there, look how many world leaders he could have bowed down to and apologized to. He missed an opportunity. How could the U.S. not be there when representatives of such beacons of freedom and lack of censorship as journalist-punishing Russia, journalist-jailing Turkey, Egypt, enough said. Palestinian cartoonist-jailing Israel was there. And of course our greatest ally Saudi Arabia having just days ago flogged a blogger.
Couldn't Obama have at least sent a friend?
WOMAN: Attorney General Eric Holder was in Paris--
JON STEWART: Oh. Ok. There you go, I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions. Eric Holder the top legal official in the United States, our Atty. Gen. Come on France, Holder's not good enough for you?
You guys are only happy with le grande fromage?
WOMAN: Although Attorney General Eric Holder was in Paris for counterterrorism meetings and he did not attend the march.
JON STEWART: What the f**k?! Eric Holder, you were in France? In Paris at the time of the march and were like, eh...
Unbelievable! An enormous global rally in support of freedom of speech after an attack on a close ally, and the U.S. was a no-show? It's gonna take a lot to make up for this.
MAN: John Kerry has said he will go to France later this week.
JON STEWART: Je suis to be kidding me?