An Islamic State propaganda video has announced that a new currency has been minted for use in territory controlled by the jihadist group.
- How to get ISIS in the West Bank
- A former British soldier's plan: First, fight ISIS in Syria - then, move to Israel
- Steven Sotloff's parents open up, one year after his brutal murder by ISIS
- WATCH: ISIS destroys part of Temple of Bel, another Roman-era structure in Syria's Palmyra
- WATCH: Satellite images confirm ISIS destroyed main building of Temple of Bel in Palmyra
The group's media wing al-Hayat released an hour long documentary style video containing images that are said to be minting and circulation of the money.
The video, narrated in English, says that the new gold dinar, silver dirham and copper fulus will deal a blow to the United States and its financial system.
It features a montage of images of the Federal Reserve, George W. Bush, the September 11 attack on the Twin Towers, Osama bin Laden, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadiand Islamic State militants riding through the desert on horses holding black flags.
The propaganda video didn't explain where the coins were being minted or how they'll replace the money that is in circulation in territories under their control in Iraqand Syria.
The group also said that oil will now only be sold for gold.
ISIS militants have captured large swathes of territory in Syria and Iraq, beheaded Western prisoners, killed many non-Sunni Muslims and declared a caliphate governed by sharia law in the heart of the Middle East.