Two terrorist cells infiltrated southern Israel via a tunnel from the Gaza Strip on Monday, as Israel began the 14th day of Operation Protective Edge. Casualties were reported among Israel Defense Forces troops. Roads were closed and residents ordered to remain indoors until just after 10 A.M., when the incident was declared over. Meanwhile, the Israel Defense Forces advanced into the Strip overnight, and clashes were reported in a number of areas. Two apparent tunnel sites were located by forces.
- Living next door to Gaza: What local kibbutzniks think of Hamas
- As casualties mount, the Gaza operation threatens to become a war
- Obama to Netanyahu: U.S. seeks immediate cease-fire
- LIVE UPDATES: Operation Protective Edge, day 14
- How Israeli defense ministers failed to address threat from below
- Israeli high-tech is great, but not yet for finding Hamas’ tunnels
"Israel's mission to find and destroy tunnels in Gaza should be over in two or three days," says Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon.