- Death of Kenji Goto, journalist killed by ISIS, sends Japan into shock and mourning
- Japan calls apparent ISIS execution of hostage 'outrageous and impermissible'
- ISIS asks Twitter followers to suggest ways of killing pilot
- Jordan executes two Iraqi militants in response to ISIS killing of pilot
- ISIS video shows captured Jordanian pilot being burned alive
- Israeli foreign minister commends Jordan for executing Iraqi terrorists
- Middle East Updates / EU chides Jordan for hangings after pilot killed
(Scroll for the full clip)
Tulsi Gabbard, (D-HAWAII): I think the danger of calling it "an organization" misses the point that this isn't about one specific group, and until we recognize that it is this radical Islamic ideology that is fueling this, the name of the group can change, the tactics may change based on a different geographic location or what is happening on the ground.
Again, we see this because we have ISIS, Boko Haram, and other groups, especially in the middle east, but operating around the world. Each of them have the on commonality of being fueled by this radical Islamic ideology. So we can't say this is about one organization only, because if we do there is no way we can defeat this ideology, both militarily and ideologically.