- As the Islamic State Rolls North, Turkey Reconsiders Military Action
- Howard Dean Calls Netanyahu a 'Disaster,' Terms His Congress Speech 'Stupid'
- WATCH: 'Netanyahu Is a Man Who Fights for His People, Unlike Our President,' Says Giuliani
- Turkish Army Completes Evacuation of 38 Troops Guarding Key Tomb in Syria
- Middle East Updates / Syrian Kurds Attack Islamic State in Northeast
- WATCH: David Brooks Says Giuliani's Comments Are 'Unacceptable' and 'Self-destructive'
(Scroll down for the full clip)
BILL MAHER: This idea that we cannot even call it Islamic terrorism seems Orwellian to me. It seems like we're paying a very high price for this which is we can't discuss it even rationally. Can't we at least say that there are a number of factors that are involved? And the religion is certainly one of that.
[President Obama] presented this idea that it's poverty and education. It is poverty and education, also. But why are they impoverished and uneducated? It's mostly because of the religion. That's mostly why. The U.N. did a study in 2002, they found out that only 300 books had been translated into Arabic that year. In madrassas they only teach one book -- I don't have to tell you which one.