The 'Midsummer Night’s Dream (Of Bibi Bygone)' Edition / The Promised Podcast

Send in e-mailSend in e-mail
Send in e-mailSend in e-mail
Gabi Ashkenazi.Credit: Eran Wolkowski

Click here for more episodes of The Promised Podcast

Allison, Don, and Noah discuss three topics of incomparable importance, and end with an anecdote about something in Israel that made them smile this week.

Your browser does not support the audio element.

Peace by the numbers

A new poll commissioned by the energetic, leftist think-tank Molad, suggests a new strategy for ending the right’s grip on power and, in time, for ending the occupation and achieving peace with the Palestinians. We ask what these new numbers add up to.

A new (leftist) savior to rise from these streets

There’s a buzz in the sidewalk cafes of greater Tel Aviv this week, as we saw politic’s future and its name is General Gabi Ashkenazi. Is he our “Great White Hope”? Or is “Great White Hope-ism” the religion of fools, and are those fools us?

This land is your land, this land is my land

We discuss the bill proposed by Labor Party MK Danni Atar, which would grant traditional agricultural settlements effective ownership over 90 percent of their lands, while requiring them to fork over the remaining 10 percent to nearby development towns.

Gabi Ashkenazi. Credit: Eran Wolkowski

Click the alert icon to follow topics: