Israeli athletes Evgeni Krasnopolski and Andrea Davidovich qualified on Tuesday for the figure skating finals at the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- Israeli athletes gun for Olympic gold - or at least the finals
- Israel’s Olympic teams, and dreams, get a boost from abroad
- Russian Jews remember Israeli athletes murdered at 1972 Munich Olympic Games
- Israeli Olympic skater makes Sochi finals
- Israeli figure skater Alexei Bychenko places 21st
The two scored 56.90 points on their total segment score at the Pairs Short Program.
The Chinese team scored the most points (70.59), followed by the U.S. (67.44) and France (65.36).
The finals will take place on Wednesday at 7:45 P.M. local time.
On Monday, Israeli short track speed skater Vladislav Bykanov failed to qualify for the 1,500-meter semifinals by less than a second.
Israeli brother and sister figure skating duo Roman and Alexandra Zaretsk placed 10th in the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.