Pope Francis arrives in the Middle East on Sunday. However, the head of a no less revered church arrives in the region the same day.
- Israel must facilitate travel for Palestinian players, says FIFA president
- Palestinians seeking FIFA sanctions against Israel
- Israel and Palestinians find peace on the soccer pitch
- Palestinians qualifies for Asia Cup
- Asian soccer chief slams IDF for searching Palestinian Football Assocation HQ
FIFA President Sepp Blatter will embark on a several day trip to Israel, Jordan and the Palestinian Territories.
While in Israel, Blatter will meet with the Israel Football Association and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Rajoub recently announced intentions to urge delegates at June's FIFA Congress to sanction Israel following the arrest of a Palestinian footballer and the shooting of two other players.
Blatter has previously called on Israel to help facilitate travel for Palestinian players between the West Bank and Gaza.