For more StreetWise episodes, click here
Host Guy Sharett shares his top 10 tips on how to rejuvenate your linguistic inner self:
1. Find stuff you love and read about it in Hebrew.
3. Radio: Israeli National Radio in 14 languages
4. Flash cards all over your home
5. Saying new words out loud. Talk to the Google Translate App.
6. Tandem with a Hebrew speaker. Post your location on our Facebook page if you’re not sure if there’s a Hebrew speaker around you.
7. Facebook your Hebrew.
8. Likpotz la-mayim, לקפוץ למים, jump into the water.
9. Ani rotse/ Ani rotsa ledaber be’ivrit, אני רוצה לדבר בעברית, I want to speak Hebrew. Ani lomed/lomedet ivrit, אני לומד/ת עברית, I learn Hebrew. Ani chayav/chayevet, אני חייב/ת, I must, ledaber ivrit, to speak Hebrew.
10. Magazines, children books, newspaper, websites, inflight magazines. Morfix online dictionary or the El Al inflight magazine – Eng./Heb.