- Saddam Hussein's Tomb Destroyed in Battle Between ISIS and Iraqis
- Netanyahu and Herzog Spar on Jerusalem, Iran
- Mother Kidnaps Dutch Children to Join ISIS in Syria
- ISIS Killed 600 Shi'ites After Seizing Mosul in June, HRW Says
- U.S. to Arm Iraqi Sunni Tribesman in Fight Against ISIS
- Middle East Updates / Germany Urges Western Powers, Iran to Sign Nuclear Deal
(Scroll for the full clip)
Shane Smith: One of the biggest questions that I had was how did they become so popular so fast? How did they get so many foreign fighters from America, from the U.K., from Scandinavia, from all over the world, go there, outstrip al Qaeda, almost overnight. So, a, how did they become so popular out of nowhere? And then, b, how do we stop them?
President Obama: ISIL is direct outgrowth of Al-Qaida in Iraq which grew out of our invasion which is an example of unintended consequences which is why we should generally aim before we shoot.