Is Tel Aviv winning the European basketball championship proof that Zionism failed? Should the minimum wage be boosted by a third? Why is Israel awash with poetry? Plus, new searing protest music by David Broza!
Allison, Eilon, and Noah discuss:
• Why one MK has complained that “we have become a country of idiots that does not respect the Torah,” in response to the wild celebrations following Maccabi Tel Aviv's victory in the European basketball championship, and why a famous Hebrew University historian asserts that the victory is “the biggest proof that Zionism has failed when it comes to sports;”
• Whether the minimum wage should be boosted by 30%, as advocated by 61 Members of Knesset and by basically no economists;
• The state of poetry in Israel, including soulful readings of translations of our favorite Hebrew poems.
All songs by David Broza, from his latest album East Jerusalem –West Jerusalem.
• East Jerusalem (with Wyclef Jean)
• What’s so funny about peace, love and understanding
• Peace (Ain’t Nothing but a Word)
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now