Israeli troops raided the offices of the official Palestinian news agency in Ramallah on Monday, witnesses told Haaretz.
The reason for the raid was not immediately clear, but it took place as authorities continued to hunt the perpetrator of a West Bank shooting attack.
According to Palestinian reports, large numbers of troops had been searching the area for several hours.
The Wafa news agency reported that Israeli soldiers broke into its offices and searched the premises, including checking the IDs of the workers present on site. Wafa added that the soldiers inspected the computer servers and the building's security cameras.
The military also clashed with dozens of Palestinian youth. The Palestinian Red Crescent reported two wounded by live fire, four wounded by rubber bullets and another 20 as a result of gas inhalation.
Seven people were wounded in Sunday's attack, including a 21-year-old woman in her seventh month of pregnancy, who was taken to Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem and whose condition has stabilized. Doctors at the hospital delivered her baby boy, whose condition deteriorated Sunday overnight and who is now in serious condition. The woman's husband, who was also wounded in the attack, was said to be in stable condition.
The others wounded in the attack were a man in his 20s who is in moderate condition, two 16-year-old boys and two 16-year-old girls, all of whom sustained light wounds. One of them was released overnight.
The Israeli military spokesman, Brig. Gen. Ronen Manelis, issued a statement Monday saying that Israeli troops, border police and other Israeli security forces were continuing to conduct searches in West Bank Palestinian villages in an effort to apprehend the attacker or attackers.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now