"If you look at Israel like a company, we have a very strong crisis management department, but no marketing," says Joanna Landau, the founder and executive director of Kinetis Ltd., a grassroots organization that seeks to boost Israel's image in the world.
- The Japanese Calligrapher Who Made Israel His Home / Journeys Podcast
- From an Ethiopian Village to Deputy Mayor of Tel Aviv / Journeys Podcast
- The Torchbearer of the Jewish People / Journeys Podcast
- The Battle We Cannot Afford to Lose
- An Israeli Left-wing Rabbi: Not a Contradiction / Journeys Podcast
Shying away from old-fashioned hasbara, it attempts to highlight the many things Israel has to offer to the world. If Paris equals romance and the U.S. equals freedom, she says, Israel equals innovation.
Landau is aware of Israel's problems, but sees the glass half full: There are many benefits to the conflict, she argues; Israel owes its vibrant, creative atmosphere to the endemic political uncertainty.