Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli stars in what promises to be one of Super Bowl XLVII most risqué commercials. The commercial for webhosting giant GoDaddy.com scheduled to air during the Super Bowl this Sunday features a ten second close up of Refaeli and co-star Jesse Heiman kissing.
- Chemi Shalev / Bar Refaeli's Chrismukkah
- Bar Refaeli to Star in Israeli-French Comedy About 2010 Alleged Mossad Hit
- Mossad Agent Bar Refaeli Seduces Hamas Man in Cinematic Depiction of Dubai Operation
- Super Bowl: Two Coaches, 3 Cities, 1 Supermodel
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus' Big Mistake on Israeli Television
- The Fop / Obama's Wet 'N' Wild Spring Break
- Boycott of Fox Over Draft-dodging Bar Refaeli
- 2013's Cringe-worthy Israeli Tales
- So What's Jewish and Israeli About Super Bowl XLIX?
- Bar Refaeli Reportedly Engaged
CBS rejected the original commercial, which will appear on the Web, the version that will air during the Super Bowl will be less explicit. GoDaddy.com has a long tradition of controversial Super Bowl commercials.
The commercial opens with presenter racing car driver Danica Patrick introducing the GoDaddy.com "There are two sides to GoDaddy.com: there is the sexy side represented by Bar Refaeli and the smart side that creates a killer website for your small business represented by Walter. Together they're perfect."
At which point the camera switches to extreme close up and Refaeli and Heiman kiss. This kiss scene took 65 takes to complete. "We tried to get it as perfect as possible," Heiman said in an interview on NBC's Today Show, February 1, when asked if he "kept messing up on purpose."
When asked if she had second thoughts about appearing in the commercial, Refaeli who was interviewed via satellite from Tel Aviv, said "I always wanted to go to a club or somewhere filled with people, look around, choose the one guy that's most unlikely that I'll ever kiss or pay attention to, and go and kiss him in front of everyone so he will be happy and will remember it for the rest of - I don't know, the week. So, no, I didn't have any second thoughts. For me it was almost like Go Daddy made my dream come true."
Heiman has been an extra in many films and television shows in the past including: Spiderman, The Social Network, American Pie 2, How I met Your Mother, and The Big Bang Theory. His chubby rosy cheeks and curly hair make him ideal for playing the archetypical nerd.