This lovely looking vegetarian dish can be served over a simple green salad for breakfast or lunch.
- Getting to the Heart of It All: Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
- Modern Manna Recipe / Artichoke Bottom Stuffed With Tilapia in Wine Sauce
- Modern Manna Recipe / Artichoke Bottoms Stuffed With Beef in Tomato-pepper Sauce
You can get frozen artichoke bottoms in many Middle-Eastern grocery stores, or canned at Whole Foods.
If you’re using frozen artichoke bottoms thaw them in the fridge for 24 hours before continuing with the recipe.
4 artichoke bottoms
4 egg yolk
4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
Green salad for serving
1. Make sure the artichoke bottoms can stand straight. If needed, cut off a little from the bottom.
2. Salt and pepper the artichoke bottoms. Gently put one egg yolk in each artichoke and sprinkle crumbled goat cheese around the yolk on the edges of the artichoke bottoms.
3. Heat the olive oil in a small non-stick frying pan over low heat. Arrange the artichoke bottoms and cover with a lid.
4. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the yolk is done to your liking.
5. Sprinkle with the green onion and serve immediately over your favorite green salad.
Check out more recipes on Haaretz.com's Food & Wine page