This dish has more cauliflower than Israeli couscous, and the turmeric makes it even healthier.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion halved and sliced
1 cauliflower, cut into 1-2 inch florets
2 cups Israeli couscous
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon salt
2 1/2 cups boiling water
Grated zest of one lemon
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped (parsley is another option)
1. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a wide pot and fry the onion until golden.
2. Add the cauliflower and cook for a few minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the Israeli couscous to the pot together with the turmeric and the salt and mix well.
4. Lower the heat, add the boiling water and cover with the lid.
5. Cook for 15 minutes. Let the dish stand for another 10 minutes.
6. Mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice and cilantro and serve.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now