Jordan has asked Israel not to include Amman among the list of destinations to which Israelis are cautioned against flying to due to the fighting in Lebanon, TheMarker has learned.
- Jordan Adds Two Weekly Flights to TA
- Two Israelis Arrested in Jordan
- Tit-for-tat Envoy Expulsions by Jordan and Syria
- Jordan Jails 11 Over Foiled Plot to Bomb Western Embassies
- Israeli Muslims to Make Mecca Pilgrimage by Air
Royal Jordanian Airlines officials said that if Israel does not remove the warning, travel between the two countries will be affected.
The CEO of Royal Jordanian in Israel, Devorah Bruchstein, said the Amman airport is one of the safest places for Israelis continuing on to destinations to the Far East.
She said that despite the war in Lebanon, there have been few cancellations by travelers and no flight cancellations.