Reshet, one of the two concessionaires running Israel’s Channel 2, has announced that Israeli model Bar Refaeli has been picked as the new emcee of Israel’s version of the television music competition program "The X Factor." The new program will go on the air later this year. Refaeli’s salary as the program’s emcee is estimated at NIS 600,000 to NIS 800,000. Musicians Rami Fortis, Ivri Lider and Moshe Peretz will be the program’s judges.
- Big Brother nation: Reality TV has conquered the hearts of Israeli viewers
- IDF complains over Bar Refaeli's involvement in Israeli hasbara campaign
- MK boycotts Israeli clothing chain Fox for employing supermodel Bar Refaeli
- Israelis watch more video over the Internet, but still less than other countries
- Mourn the Second Temple or become a star? The Israeli X Factor dilemma
- Bar Refaeli vs. Roger Waters: the Israel boycott showdown
- Israeli talent show 'A Star is Born’ is reborn as 'Rising Star'
- The battle of the talent shows: 'Rising Star' vies to outshine Simon Cowell's 'X Factor'
- ABC buys Israeli talent show format 'Rising Star'
Rafaeli is considered Israel’s most successful model. She has worked for international companies such as Chanel, Gap, Escada, Victoria’s Secret, H. Stern and Garnier. Refaeli also owns the online lingerie company Under.me. Last year, Refaeli was the emcee for the German reality program Million Dollar Shooting Star, which deals with the modeling world.
"The X Factor" will go on the air just as the Channel 2 concessionaire Keshet kicks off the new season of "Kochav Nolad," the reality program based on Britain's "Pop Idol" show and "American Idol" in the U.S. "Kochav Nolad" will also be making substantial changes in its team of emcees and the emcee’s station. Both concessionaires are competing fiercely for viewers of their musical-talent programs.