Shin Bet officials believe suspects will be indicted in the coming days for the arson attack that killed three members of a Palestinian family in the West Bank in July.
- The Toxic Roots of Jewish Terror
- Shin Bet Reports Progress in Probe Into Duma Arson
- Hundreds Gather Outside the House of Shin Bet Chief
Meanwhile, two Jewish terror suspects were released to house arrest on Sunday. One of them, a teenager, is suspected of being involved in the arson attack, while the other, an adult, is suspected of being involved in related matters.
The released teenager was held by the Shin Bet for over 20 days, most of which he was not allowed to see an attorney.
Earlier on Sunday, the Shin Bet said that progress has been made in its investigation into the arson attack. The security service said earlier this month that several Jewish suspects were arrested in the case in November. The suspects were only allowed to meet their lawyers last week.
In the end of July, the home of the Dewabsheh family in the village of Duma was set on fire. The blaze killed 18-month-old Ali Dawabsheh and his parents, Saad and Riham. A second boy, Ahmed Dawabsheh, was wounded in the attack. A witness said he saw four people escaping the scene toward the Maale Efraim settlement. The Israeli army defined the attack as "Jewish terrorism."
On Friday, lawyers representing the suspects in the case claimed that their clients were being tortured by the Shin Bet security service.
On Saturday night hundreds gathered outside the Jerusalem home of Shin Bet chief Yoram Cohen, protesting the allegedly brutal interrogation techniques.
Even if the suspects are charged , this will be the end of the Duma affair. The legal validity of the confessions, if they were made, will be scrutinized if it is found out these were given under torture.