- Why Snowden Hasn't Hurt Israeli Intel
- Howard Dean: Bibi's Speech Is 'Stupid'
- Turkey Reconsiders Fighting ISIS
- Giuliani Slams Obama by Comparing Him to Netanyahu
- WATCH: Bill Maher, 'Cannot Even Call It Islamic Terrorism Is Orwellian'
- Giuliani Yearns for a Love Like Netanyahu’s
(Scroll for the full clip)
JUDY WOODRUFF, PBS NEWSHOUR: At one of the Scott Walker events this week, former New York Mayor, David, Rudy Giuliani made a statement that has gotten a lot of attention. He basically — he talked about President Obama and said, “He wasn’t raised like we were,” talking to the group. He said, “He doesn’t love this country as we do.”
It’s gotten a lot of attention. Do we — how big a deal is it?
DAVID BROOKS: Well, it’s — you know, it’s unacceptable. You can’t say that. He doesn’t know that. It’s not true. It’s self-destructive.
There’s sort of, I don’t know, who to blame, I don’t know, somebody like that. There’s almost sort of a Mort Sahl, Richard Pryor ethos where the person who says the most shocking thing is the best person. And sometimes on the stump, that seems to happen in partisan rallies. And Giuliani said something that I’m sure, like, shocked the bourgeoisie, but it’s unacceptable. And I hope it doesn’t define the Republican race.