The French Embassy in Israel has flown 19 French chefs in to cook in local restaurants for the So Frenchy So Tasty festival this week – so we present a program about French cuisine and its reflection in Israel.
• Thibault Bera, former chef to the French Ambassador and the chef of Pastel restaurant at the Tel Aviv museum, talks about starting the festival and cooking for Israelis.
• Yair Yosefi, of Tel Aviv’s Elba restaurant, joins me in studio to talk about training in France and what he brought back to Israel.
• Chefs Sylvain Sendra (One star Michelin, l’Itinéraire, Paris) and Yossi Shitreet talk about cooking together this week at Yossi’s Kitchen Market restaurant at the Tel Aviv port.
• Avinoam Brakin of “Barkanit” Dairy explains how French volunteers taught him how to make world-class sheep and goat cheese.
• Wine expert Tal Gal Cohen tells me what makes French wine special and how Israeli wines compare.
• Guest of honor Mara Berman, one of this show’s earliest and most enthusiastic fans, talks about how eating changes when you have a baby.
• And food news at the bottom of the show.