Palestinian Reports Say Three Killed in Clashes With Israeli Forces in Last Day

Israeli army says one of those killed tried to grab soldier's rifle when he was shot, but Palestinians say he was shot in the back from ten meters away.

Palestinian protesters run as tear gas canisters are fired by Israeli troops during clashes with Israeli troops in the West Bank city of Bethlehem November 13, 2015.

Three Palestinians youths died after clashes with Israeli security forces in the past day, two in the Hebron area and one near Ramallah, Palestinian media reported Friday. 

The Israeli army said the man killed in clashes near Ramallah was shot after trying to grab a soldier's rifle during clashes in the village of Budrus. But Palestinian eyewitnesses said the man, identified as Lafi Yusif Awad, 22, was shot while escaping Border Police officers after they beat him and shot him in the leg with a rubber bullet. According to the witnesses, he was shot in the back from 10 meters away. 

The other two fatalities were identified as Mahmoud Shalaldeh, 22, a resident of the village of Sair who died of wounds sustained the day before near Beit Anoun, and Hassan Jihad Albaw, 23, wounded Friday noon near Halhul. Palestinian sources also reported four were wounded Friday during clashes near Hebron.

Doctors at the al-Ahli Hospital in Hebron said that that Albaw, the youth killed in Halhul, was hospitalized after he was very seriously wounded by a live bullet in the heart, and later died of his wounds. According to the Israeli army, Palestinians in Halhul threw stones and torched tires, and security forces used Ruger rifles, considered by the army to be a non-lethal weapon, and live ammo. 

The third fatality, Shalaldeh, died Friday of wounds he sustained in clashes that erupted the day before after the funeral of Abdullah Shalaldeh, who was killed by Israeli forces during a raid on a hospital in Hebron. According to the IDF, soldiers in Thursday's clashes used the Ruger rifle bullets as well as normal ammunition.