The military prosecution has revised the charge against a Palestinian who rammed an Israeli to death from manslaughter to murder this week at the request of the victim's family.
Avraham Hasano, 54, of Kiryat Arba was run over and killed near Hebron in October last year. The driver, Tzahban Titi, a West Bank Palestinian, was charged with manslaughter.
The indictment says Hasano got out of his car south-west of Hebron after rocks were hurled at his car. A few moments later he was run over by a car that then fled from the site. Later the driver, Titi, turned himself in to the Palestinian security forces and said the incident was an accident.
After he was released, the Shin Bet and an IDF commando unit captured him.
After he was indicted for manslaughter, the advocacy group Legal Forum for Israel asked Military Advocate General Brigadier General Sharon Afek, on behalf of Hasano's family, to change the charge to murder, which it said is more appropriate for the event.
In a highly irregular move, Afek agreed to change the charge on Tuesday.
The IDF issued a statement on Wednesday saying "the victim has the right in certain cases to appeal the decisions made by the authorities. In this case the evidence and legal issues were reexamined and the decision may be changed."
"As customary in the Military Advocate General's office, when a victim of an offense asks to make his case against a military prosecutor's decision, he may do so without specific legislation," the statement said.