Four men from the Negev Bedouin town of Rahat were indicted on Thursday for abducting a Bedouin minor, forcing him at gunpoint to perform oral sex on them, and filming the acts on a cellphone to extort money from him. In addition to sodomy, aggravated assault, kidnapping and extortion, the four were also charged with conspiracy, witness-tampering and abuse of a minor.
The four are Ziad Kamalat, 29, Mohammed Kamalat, 19, Seif Alkadi, 19, and Mohanad Abu Balal, 21.
According to the indictment, last September Abu Bilal saw the boy getting out of car near his home. The car was driven by a man with whom the boy had had intimate relations. Abu Bilal conspired with the three other suspects to abduct the boy. The four defendants drove in Alkadi’s car, with Ziad Kamalat sitting in the back with a gun. At about 11 P.M. the boy came out of his house to smoke a cigarette and the four approached him and forced him at gunpoint into the car.
The four men drove him to a dirt road south of Rahat, forced him to drink alcohol and to tell about his relationship to the man whose car he had been seen getting out of. When the minor refused, Ziad Kamalat fired two bullets near the boy’s legs and he agreed to tell, with Alkadi filming it on his cellphone.
According to the indictment, Ziad and Mohammed Kamalat forced the boy to perform oral sex on the latter. A number of acts of sodomy then ensued, which stopped only when a relative of one of the four men showed up and told them to stop. Ziad and Mohammed Kamalat threatened the relative that they would do the same to him, and the relative left the scene.
Ziad Kamalat then took 1,000 shekels from the boy, put him in the trunk of the car and drove back to Rahat. When they let him out of the trunk, Abu Bilal struck him twice with a club and threatened that if he told anyone, they would show the video clip around.
Two months later Ziad Kamalat demanded another 500 shekels from the boy and threatened to share the video clip. The boy paid him. In January, Kamalat demanded the same amount again from the boy, who gave him 200 shekels. Last month portions of the video were uploaded to social networks.
All four suspects deny their involvement.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now